Cartoon Drawing Workshop
Cartooning, Sense of Humour, funny faces, funny stories, everything funny. We will draw a face and then make a caricature of it and then we will make the body do funny things. We will think of a story, and then do more funny stuff. This way it will be so funny we will generate laughter and call it a cartoon.
Workshop will explore:
- Pick a topical story that you like to begin with. ( write 5 stories )
- The Topical story can be a world event or your own story but it must be a commentary on something.
- Pick a Character that you wish to draw to begin with ( create 5 characters )
- Once the 5 characters are created. Now Begin to create variations of them using the art of Caricature. And slowly we begin towards selecting a character.
- Slowly we will start to exaggerate the features of the person. The reference for us is the Art of Caricature.
- Now we will bring in Satire
- Being Satirical would bring in Mockery, to ridicule, make fun of, make a serious comment
- In the end we will try to make one finished cartoon with the 3 important ingredients – Cartoon, Caricature and Satire.
Reference use of:
Cartoons of Mario de Miranda
Pay at: (Razor pay link)
Google pay: (mobile number and name)
You just need a sketchbook and something to draw with. keep pens, pencil handy. And sheets of paper and your favourite cup of coffee, chai etc
12 – 2 pm
Sunday, August 21 on Zoom.
(I will send you the Zoom Link, don’t worry)
Send me your Email ID at email@example.com