SEQUENTIAL THINKING IS A WAY TO THINK WHEN WE WORK IN OUR SKETCHBOOK. IT IS A WAY TO LEARN ABOUT THE GAPS AND INTERVAL SPACES BETWEEN EXERCISES AND HOW THIS CAN LEAD TO AND CREATE NEW WAYS OF THINKING.
In this workshop we will explore Seeing through Western and Eastern tradition of thinking. Opening up topics such as hamzanama, MC Escher etc as ways of looking.
Date: June 19, 2022
Timing: 11 am to 1 pm
Zoom link: ( will be sent to the participants via Email )
Maximum: 6 participants
Payment Link: All seats full
Google pay on: All seats full
Introduction PDF shared which includes Hamzanama & MC Escher Art work and an introduction to what is SQ Thinking. It also includes certain questions around what is drawing, what is working in a series and what is repetition.
Schedule of the day
- Begin with warm up of lines
- Creating the Imaginary World
- Schedule of how the exercises unfolded:
We will try INVENTION
- Drawing in repetition
- Drawing repetition and scale of vanishing
- Character creation( as many ) ( head, torso, human animal, human + _______ )
- Preparatory sketching
- Storytelling on one side, sketch on the other side.
- Line exercise
- Creating your demons, monsters, creatures,
- Creating impossible worlds / objects, Make your Aqiq Nagar, Inventing things.
- Scribble cool down
|Draw this out. How would you like to draw this out?|
Visualize this?Just scribbleDraw and repeat a formDraw anything randomly
|There was fire in the room. No one could see anything except flames. There was a window behind me. Where I could see the skyscrapers. None of them were actually scraping the sky. So why call them sky scrappers? Well anyways. I would be dead in some time. Burned completely with no trace of my body.|